let's talk about self-care, by definition selfcare is "the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one's own health" or "the practice of taking and active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress". however, we want to help you break down and define self-care for yourself because self-care can look different from person to person.
there are six elements of self-care: emotional, practical, physical, mental, social, and spiritual self-care. each element is important and helps you define what forms of self-care under these elements are best for you.
so now the question I want to pose is what does self-care mean to you? and how often do you prioritize self-care?
to answer this question from my perspective, a physical element of self-care is putting my body's needs at the forefront and listening to what my body is telling me. did I wake up this morning with my body feeling tired and even though I wanted to push myself out of bed, I laid down for a few more minutes ? did I tell someone no I don't want to do something because that would mean overextending myself? yes and yes, because this is what self-care looks like for me on a physical level.
so now let's help you define your self-care, grab a pen and piece of paper or download the activity sheet here. Answer the following questions:
- There are six elements of self-care what elements do you feel you practice the most self-care in?
- There are six elements of self-care what elements do you practice the least amount of self-care in?
- In the elements that you practice the most self-care explain why?
- How do these self-care moments or activities make you feel?
- In the elements that you practice the least amount of self-care explain why?
- Is there something stopping you from practicing more self-care in these elements, if so what?
- In what ways will you commit to practicing more self-care in these elements
- How many realistic hours can you dedicate to self-care per week?
- The biggest of them all, use our activity sheet to create a self-care plan and remember to show yourself grace, you may not be able to keep this every day. However, do whatever your best is that day.
ready to start your self-care journey take the quiz and follow us on social media @shopblendedd for more self-care tips, products and more!