matcha is an ancient japanese drink, that has been around for centuries. want to learn how to make it the traditional way, no problem the process is simple!
- 1 tsp blended matcha powder (sifted)
- 6-8 oz hot water (140-170F)
- chawan (traditional matcha bowl)
- chasen (bamboo whisk)
- stainless steel tea sifter
how to make:
- pre-heat your chawan (matcha bowl) by pouring hot water into it. pour out hot water.
- use stainless steel tea sifter to sift blended matcha powder into bowl.
- pour 2 oz hot water over sifted matcha powder.
- use bamboo whisk to vigorously whisk your matcha using 'M' shaped motions for 15 seconds. add 4-6 oz of hot water. continue whisking for 30 seconds until frothy.
- serve in chawan.