if you've been feeling tired and sluggish, it may not just be because of your diet or lack of exercise. the air quality in your home can impact your health as much as—or even more than—the air outdoors. the good news is that there are plenty of simple steps you can take to detoxify your home. with these tips and products (below), you'll be on the road to a healthier lifestyle in no time!
invest in a water filter.
the first step to take is to invest in a water filter. water filters are great because they can help reduce the number of toxins you consume, which is especially important if you’re trying to detoxify your home or prevent illness. there are several different kinds of filters, but if you want to get rid of contaminants like chlorine, lead, and arsenic (which can cause cancer), then look for filters that remove these things from your tap water.
if you want a top-of-the-line filter that will also reduce microplastics in your tap water (microplastics come from plastic bottles breaking down over time) then go with one that reduces those as well! and don’t forget about fluoride—if you have it in your water supply then using a fluoride filter will get rid of it too!
use natural cleaning products.
you've probably heard that using natural cleaning products is better for you and the environment. that's because they're less toxic than conventional cleaning products, so they can be safer around kids and pets. but the real reason why you should switch to natural cleaners is that they work just as well (or even better) than their chemical counterparts.
the benefits of using natural cleaning products are many:
- they eliminate 99% of bacteria
- they remove stains like grease and oil without leaving behind harmful residues or smells
- they don't irritate your skin or eyes (as often happens with conventional cleaners)
for a natural home, refresh look into our revitalizing room spray for an organic and plant-based option to refresh the smell of your home.
if you're looking for a more permanent solution to the air quality issue in your home, try getting some plants. most people know that plants will help clean the air around them and make it more pleasant to breathe in, but they might not be aware of how much better they can make you feel by purifying it.
plants are good for your health in general because they provide us with oxygen and help us relax. even if you don't have a lot of money or space available for big leafy trees or potted flowers, having even one small plant around helps lower stress levels and improve sleep quality (which is especially important if you have allergies). you don't have to buy an expensive houseplant; one or two small succulents can be enough to get started! it's so easy once they start thriving—you'll want more soon enough!
you can even start a plant subscription from companies such as rooted, they are an online plant subscription service that will deliver your plants directly to your door.
improve the quality of the air you breathe.
here are some ways you can improve the quality of air in your home.
- use a HEPA Air Purifier. these devices use filters that capture dust, dander, and mold spores from the air before they enter your lungs. if you suffer from allergies or hay fever, this is an essential item for your home!
- use a humidifier in winter to help with dry skin and sinuses. dehumidifiers can dry out both skin and nasal passages during winter months when humidity levels are low—which may cause symptoms like dry sinuses, chapped lips, and itchy eyes when we breathe in dry indoor air. if necessary, use an artificial humidifier to add moisture back into your environment so you don't wake up with dry skin every morning! we recommend the canopy humidifier. it is the best humidifier for skin care.
detox your beauty routine.
- avoid products with toxic chemicals.
- if you are going to use makeup, make sure it's all-natural. this means no petroleum-based cosmetics or plastic containers.
- when buying lotion, shampoo, or body wash, look for organic and/or cruelty-free products (i.e., not tested on animals). all of our blended beauty products are organic and cruelty-free and made with high-quality ingredients.
detoxifying your home is important for your health and well-being!
your home should be a peaceful, healthy environment that nurtures you. the air you breathe in is just as important as what goes into your body—and the two are connected. the toxins from household cleaners, paints, glues, and other products can get into the air through their fumes or dust particles. these toxins are easily absorbed by our skin and lungs when we inhale them or come into contact with them on surfaces like countertops or floors.
when we breathe these toxins in regularly, they can cause long-term damage to our organs such as our brain and heart while also making us feel tired or sick all over again each day after work or school ends (or whenever!). you might notice that after spending time in certain rooms of your house like kitchens where cooking happens often--the odors stick around even after cleaning! this is because some materials take longer than others to break down once exposed outside their original containers/utensils where they were intended purpose(s).
we hope that this guide has helped you learn more about detoxifying your home and how to do it. it’s a great way to improve your quality of life and make your house a healthier place. if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below!
ready to start your self-care journey take the quiz and follow us on social media @shopblendedd for more self-care tips, products and more!