springtime is all about renewal. the earth is waking up, birds are singing and flowers are blooming. you know what else is getting a lot of attention this time of year? your skin! your body has been through a long winter—it's time to give it some tender loving care (and maybe even treat yourself to a little pampering). so, before you start pulling out your summer clothes and breaking out those cute new sandals, here are 5 ways to prep for the warmer weather ahead:
exfoliation is a great way to get rid of dead skin cells and allow new ones to rise to the surface. exfoliating your face not only makes it look brighter but also helps with acne and wrinkles.
- use an exfoliating scrub once or twice a week. the best time for this is right before you shower, so you can rinse off all the excess product after massaging it onto your skin in circular motions for about 30 seconds (you'll know when there's enough). don't forget about those hard-to-reach places like behind the ears and around your jawline!
- if you want something more gentle than a scrub but still helps remove dead cells, try using an enzyme mask once or twice per month instead--this will work just as well without being quite as harsh on sensitive areas like around the eyes or lips (which are good places not only because they're sensitive but also because they're usually dryer than other parts).
work on your neck.
the neck is the first place to show signs of aging, so it's important to keep it moisturized. use a cream or serum that contains hyaluronic acid and squalane to help your skin retain moisture and plumpness.
you can also exfoliate your neck with a gentle scrub once or twice a week. this will remove any dead skin cells and make way for new ones!
the key here is finding one that works well with whichever other products you've been using on your face--it needs to be compatible so they don't conflict with each other or cause irritation. our rejuvenation oil is an excellent moisturizer for welcoming in the spring months and plays well with others.
protect your skin with SPF.
sun protection is the most important thing you can do for your skin. it's not just about avoiding wrinkles, but also preventing sun damage that can lead to skin cancer and other serious health issues. there are two main types of sunscreen: physical blocks (which reflect UV rays) and chemical absorbers (which absorb UV rays). both work by reducing the amount of time spent in direct sunlight, so it's best to use both types together if possible. if you're going out for an extended period (like playing sports), reapply every two hours or after sweating heavily or swimming in water with chlorine--and always wear a hat!
moisturize! moisturizing is one of the best things you can do for your skin. if you're not already using a moisturizer, it's time to start. moisturizers help keep your skin hydrated and healthy by trapping water in the cells of your face. this helps prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging, as well as keeping acne-prone areas from drying out too much. the best way to find a good moisturizer is by trying different kinds until you find one that works well with your particular type of skin--dry or oily? sensitive or normal? you may also want to consider whether you prefer something light enough for daytime use (such as an SPF 15 lotion) or heavier creams meant only for nighttime use (like those containing retinol).
hey, you're supposed to be relaxing!
you should be relaxing in the spring. it's a time to get outside, enjoy the weather, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy nature.
keep your skin healthy and fresh by using these 5 springtime tips.
- work on your neck.
- protect your skin with SPF, especially if you have fair or light skin.
- moisturize, but be careful not to overdo it--it's still winter!
- relax and enjoy the warmer weather!
as you can see, there are plenty of ways to keep your skin looking good this spring. Whether it's exfoliating or moisturizing, these tips will help get you started on the right path toward a healthier complexion. If you're looking for more tips on how to take care of yourself and others around us then check out our blog!
ready to start your self-care journey take the quiz and follow us on social media @shopblendedd for more self-care tips, products and more!