are you tired of tossing and turning at night, unable to get enough rest? Or maybe you wake up in the middle of the night and feel like you never got any sleep at all. if this sounds familiar, then it might be time to start unwinding before bed. here are four ways to help you relax before hitting the pillow:
listen to music.
- music is a great way to relax and unwind, especially if you listen to music that's familiar and enjoyable. if you're in the mood for some mellow tunes, try listening to classical or jazz music--it's been shown that those genres can help people fall asleep faster than other types of music with lyrics (like pop).
- if you're looking for something more upbeat, try listening to some alternative r&b like jhene aiko or sza -- their songs are known for their ability to lower stress levels in listeners.
- if these suggestions don't work for you, experiment with different genres until you find one that does!
read a book.
you can read a book before bed. it doesn't have to be an exciting book--a romance novel or science fiction novel are great choices because they are generally easier to follow and will help you relax. you can also read something that you've been meaning to finish but haven't gotten around to yet, so long as it's not too demanding of your attention span.
take a bath or shower.
- Use lavender or chamomile essential oils or try our decompress roll-on this is a known sleep aid.
- relax and unwind in the warmth of your bathtub, letting all your worries wash away as you breathe in the heavenly scent of lavender flowers or chamomile blossoms.
practice meditation or mindfulness techniques.
meditation is a great way to relax and unwind before bed. it can help you sleep better, reduce stress, and even improve your overall mental health.
if you're interested in learning how to practice meditation or mindfulness techniques (an umbrella term for various types of meditation), here are some resources:
- the headspace app now has guided sleep meditation available on netflix to help you unwind and fall asleep faster.
these four things will help you unwind before bed and get the sleep you need.
so there you have it. four simple ways to unwind before bed. we hope that this article has given you some ideas for how to relax, and we look forward to hearing about how well they work for you!
ready to start your self-care journey take the quiz and follow us on social media @shopblendedd for more self-care tips, products and more!